我很喜歡第三和第四張專輯,而且每一首都愛...很難決定要推哪一首。比起前兩張專輯,優美的雙吉他、精采的鼓譜、編曲恰到好處的起承轉合,尤其是多變的主題和大膽超越金屬樂的編曲,整張專輯聽下來很豐富,聽不膩。先介紹第三張專輯City of Evil...
track 7, Sidewinder
4:50後漸漸轉成spanish style guitar and drumming,讚透了。
track 11 M.I.A.
當時美國派兵攻打伊拉克,這首歌嘗試從軍人角度看戰爭的荒謬。
我翻譯得不是太好,直接看英文更能了解他想表達的意義。
這首歌沒有官方MV,這是歌迷用電影"黑鷹計劃"做的.
the film and this song are made for each other.看過電影的人就知道我在講什麼,這就是我對戰爭的立場
so, W. Bush <<<死! > > >
Staring at the carnage, praying that the sun will never rise. Living another day in disguise.
目睹屠殺,祈禱太陽永遠不要升起,又開始另一個偽裝的日子
These feelings can't be right, lend me your courage to stand up and fight on tonight.
…這種感覺絕對是錯的,喔,給我勇氣,讓我可以站起來繼續戰鬥
Ooooo....Stand up and fight.
喔,站起來繼續戰鬥
The fighting rages on and on, to challenge me you must be strong.
憤怒的戰火持續延燒,想要挑戰我你必須夠強悍
I walk your land but don't belong, two million soldiers can’t be wrong.
在你們的土地上,我恣意來去,兩百萬個士兵總不會都錯吧?
It’s no fun but I've been here before.
這毫無樂趣可言,但這不是我第一次這麼做
I'm far from home and I’m fighting your war.
我遠離家鄉,打著你的戰爭
(Not the way I pictured this, I wanted better things)
(這不是我想要的,我要的是更好的東西)
Some are scared others killing for fun, I shot a mother in front of her son.
有些人恐懼,另一些人以殺人為樂,我曾在一個兒子面前殺了他的母親
(Take this from my consciousness and please erase my dreams)
(請從我的意識裡抹除並擦去我的夢境)
Fight for honor, fight for your life.
為榮譽而戰,為生命而戰
Pray to god that our side is right.
向天祈禱我方是對的
Though we won, I still may lose, until I make it home to you.
即使我們贏了戰爭,我還是可能會輸,除非我能活著回到你身邊
I see our mothers filled with tears, we grew up so fast where did those years go.
我看見我們的母親淚眼婆娑,心想孩子怎麼這麼快就大了
Memories won't let you cry unless I don't return tonight.
記憶不會讓你哭泣,除非我今晚回不來
So many soldiers on the other side, I take their lives so they can't take mine
對方的士兵這麼多,我必須取他性命才不會被殺
(Scared to make it out alive now murder’s all I know.)
(害怕活著出來所必須付出的代價,現在我只是個殺人機器)
Nobody tells me all the reasons were here, I have my weapon so there's nothing to fear
沒有人告訴我我們為何在這裡,我無所懼因為我有武器在手
(Another day another life but nothing real to show for.)
(每一天都像是新的生命,卻沒有任何實質的內容)
Fight for honor, fight for your life.
為榮譽而戰,為生命而戰
Pray to god that our side is right.
向天祈禱我方是對的
Though we won, I still may lose, until i make it home to you.
即使我們贏了戰爭,我還是可能會輸,除非我能活著回到你身邊
I see our mothers filled with tears, we grew up so fast where did those years go.
我看見我們的母親淚眼婆娑,心想孩子怎麼這麼快就大了
Memories wont let you cry unless I don't return tonight.
記憶不會讓你哭泣,除非我今晚回不來
Staring at the carnage, praying that the sun will never rise. Living another day in disguise.
目睹屠殺,祈禱太陽永遠不要升起,又開始另一個偽裝的日子
These feelings cant be right, lend me your courage to stand up and fight.
…這種感覺絕對是錯的,喔,給我勇氣,讓我可以站起來繼續戰鬥
Watching the death toll rise wondering how I'm alive.
看著死亡人數不斷攀升,怎麼我竟然還活著?
Strangers blood on my hands, Shot all I can.
雙手沾滿陌生人的血,只能不斷扣下板機
There are no silent nights, watching your brothers all die.
這裡沒有聖誕夜的寂靜,看著兄弟們一一倒下
To destroy all their plans with no thought of me. (No thought of me)
唯一目標就是摧毀他們的計畫,不考慮自己
No thought of me.
不考慮自己…我沒有想法…
I walk the city lonely, memories that haunt are passing by.
我獨自走在這城市裡,腦中的可怕記憶不斷閃現
A murderer walks your streets tonight.
今晚,一個殺人兇手在你的街道上行走
Forgive me for my crimes.
請原諒我的罪行
Don't forget that I was so young, fought so scared.
別忘了,我只是個年輕的小夥子,萬般恐懼的打這場戰爭
In the name of God and Country.
以天主及國家之名