'what' and 'if' are two words as non-threatening as words can be.
(what and if 是最不相關的兩個字)
But put them together, side by side,
(如果把它門放在一起,僅僅靠在一起)
and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your Iife.
(它們便有強大的力量,在你餘生中纏繞著你)
What if? (如果...會怎麼樣?)
What if?
What if?
I don't know how your story ended,
(我不知道你的故事將如何結束)
but if what you feIt then was true Iove then it's never too Iate.
(如果你心中牽掛的是真愛,那永遠不會太遲)
If it was true then, why wouIdn't it be true now?
(如果它曾經是真愛,它現在也一定是,真愛不會隨時間改變)
You need onIy the courage to foIIow your heart.
(你需要的僅僅是勇氣,跟隨你的心)
I don't know what a Iove Iike JuIiet's feeIs Iike,
(我不知道Juliet感受到的愛是怎樣)
a Iove to Ieave Ioved ones for, (是足以讓你離開愛過的人)
a Iove to cross oceans for, (還是讓你可以赴湯蹈火)
but I'd Iike to beIieve, if I ever were to feeI it,
(但我願意相信,如果我能感受到這樣的愛)
that I'd have the courage to seize it.
(我會鼓起勇氣,將它緊緊握住)
And, CIaire, if you didn't, I hope one day that you wiII.
(如果你曾放手,我希望有一天你可以再擁有它)